Monday, May 2, 2011

My Moments of: dancing, thankfulness, and laughter...

Many things have come pass since my last entry! Today, we officially said goodbye to vacation!

And, I'm weird in that, this truth excites me. I have missed my students and my classroom. I could say that my students agreed with me, because we actually had three classes this past week :). All due students' requests! We reviewed some concepts that they have struggled with, preparing them all the more for the big test, that is nearing in June. As usual, the classroom was full of laughter! It was a nice change too, because this allowed me to have some students from each of my three classes in the same class!

A small group of us went on a picnic, and yes of course, it rained that day! But thankfully, it stopped once we got to our spot. We laughed. We talked. We ate. A lovely, lovely time, indeed.

We ventured out for paint ball, tacos ahogados (smothered tacos), and gaspacho this past Friday. I didn't participate in paint ball, but I had fun watching the students and their competitive natures. We went to Daniel's house for gaspacho and his mother asked us to each explain why we were thankful for NOE. I was very, very closed to crying-a number of the students said they were thankful for NOE, because that is where they came to know God.

Even though, I knew that was NOE's purpose, and I knew some of their stories; it was so beautiful hearing it. Once again, they blessed me more, than I believe that I can bless them. I am so grateful that God brought me here to experience all of this love. I am so grateful that I can say that heartbreak doesn't define me anymore. Even in the midst of the darkness, there is still an undeniable light.

I just got back from the Ranch last night; we went for Montse's cousins' quincenera. Which was quite an adventure! A group of students came from NOE...and it was such a blessing having their company! We ate and then moved our chairs into a circle and they started to play music-of course that led to being questioned to dance. Two of my students asked me and wouldn't take my "I don't know how to dance," for a sufficient answer.

While they were both asking me to dance the rest of them were saying it was impolite to say no...and then Marco got down on his knees to ask me to dance. So I retreated from the no, and stood up. Just please keep in mind, that all of the other people were looking on and no one else was dancing!!! Haha. It was hilarious, I am sure all the more for everyone that was watching. Once they left, I later turned down five other men.

While there, my students once again, tried to convince me to change my date of departure to July, then August and then to the following year :). Oh, dear students of mine, I am very certain that this won't be my first, and final time, in Morelia.

All in all, I am blessed, below are the reasons why:

Quincenera with Luis Miguel:

Picnic with Marco and Company:





"I thought I was ready, but I wasn’t prepared for what He was calling me to do yet. I needed to struggle. I needed to doubt. I needed to let go of the controls. If God called me to do this, He would open the doors, not me. And at the same time, somewhat paradoxically, I needed to have unwavering resolve to pursue the vision He put in me.

What happens when your dreams don’t happen easily, quickly or how you thought they would? How do you deal with the delay? It’s in those seasons our foundation is laid. Our response determines everything else.

A lot of people give up. They get distracted. They get packed social schedules. They choose an easier path and eventually the dream that once consumed them fades away.

If something comes easily and without sacrifice, it’s rarely significant.

God has put dreams in each of us, something we can contribute to the world that no one else can. What’s yours? And what are you doing today to pursue it?

If your dream is worth doing, it won’t be easy. But rather than give up when obstacles arise, push through. Embrace the process. Embrace how you’ll change. Be teachable, passionate, humble and determined.

Remember, “He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion” (Philippians 1:6, NIV)." Cameron Strang, Relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment