Sunday, May 15, 2011

it's a beautiful thing, to be loved.

"And I think that's what our world is desperately in need of - lovers, people who are building deep, genuine relationships with fellow strugglers along the way, and who actually know the faces of the people behind the issues they are concerned about." Shane Claiborne
43 days, left here.

I am sure I sound like a broken record, because with every mention of NOE-I can't help but recount the gratefulness that rests upon my heart. Although, I think it's necessary, I don't think I have ever felt so much love in one place. And all I can do is sit here in awe, failing to perfectly depict things as they are-unable to place words onto screen to tell of this abundant, this beautiful love.

So, it seems that she's been reawakened,
she's been able to regain that piece of her heart, that was once taken.

and what is this that she's feeling?
it's pure, it's beautiful healing.

Found within the walls, holding utmost hope,
You've steadied her hands, and she is no longer barely clinging to the rope.

Cause these dear people have brought light to her eyes,
Cause these dear people have brought joy, in place of her sighs.

Family has been found here,
love has erased any trace of fear.

And when that day comes, to say the dreaded goodbyes,
she won't be leaving without tears in her eyes.

A part of her heart will rest here, with those dearly loved.
For every thought of them, a prayer will be lifted above.

A heart, once empty and torn,
has been restored.

For the love of these people has graced her with reason,
welcomed her into hope, a new season.

And so when that day arrives, she'll be taking your love with her, and leaving her's behind...
a part of her heart will always be with you, to find.

I have a heart full of gratitude, awakened by the truest of loves, and you are to thank for it. God used you, and is using you. I pray that somehow you might begin to see that truth. Remember your Maker believes in you and made you with a beautiful purpose in mind. Remember that you are loved and prayed for, and you will surely be missed. You are a part of me, you always will be.
"Other people keep our souls alive." Donald Miller




No comments:

Post a Comment