Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dios responde a la fe, no la lógica



Translation: God responds to faith, not logic.*

So, wow. I went to church this morning with the Director and his family, and how blessed I was to I accompany them. It was as though God wanted me to rest completely in where I am; I have been telling those closest to me that I have talked to since I have been here…that I can already tell I will easily fall in love with this place, and that I am at peace.

Now I can say it with all that I am, with utmost confidence. I felt His presence upon walking in the church, one of those moments where words truly and utterly fail. The title of today's post was a quote from the pastor, that I found quite fitting for where I am.

I then accompanied their family to Vibs for lunch and then I went with the girls and their grandmother to Starbucks and Suburbia.

It is a beautiful thing to be able to tell you my heart is at peace here, and definitely so soon. I would have never thought I would know it, in these first few days. I know there will be moments here where those I love are terribly missed; moments where I feel overwhelmed. Yet, I will look back on this morning and last night and allow God to remind me that He has brought me here, for such a time is this.

Puedo descansar que mi corazón está con su corazón.

Yesterday, I ventured downtown with my sister to accompany her with a project. Afterwards, we took the combies, a form of bus transportation here, to a birthday party of a student in NOE. We listened to Hillsong, a side-note: they played my favorite song twice, Forever Reign, watched basketball and soccer games, and then played charades and mafia. And yes, I actually participated in charades after my name was yelled consistently for a few seconds.

We then went downtown to the Cathedral and watched the fireworks and the lighting of the cathedral. The birthday boy was given a cake- to the face and thrown into the fountain. They tried to tell me that it was my turn in the fountain, but I resisted. I was able to talk to a few of the students, trading Spanish for English. One of the guys said I don’t need to be afraid to talk in Spanish, because we are family. That comment right there is evidence in itself, that this place and these people are easy to love…that I am feeling right at home:

A heart at rest, in a place until just a few days ago, was just a name,
Your hands at work, nothing she can claim…
And so she sits with the city noise, as her company,
Recounting the moments of this place, where You have brought her to be.

She’s coming to know it as home,
Such a beautiful comfort, to be known.
Those days of mindless routine,
Were more than they seemed.

You were preparing her heart to be with Your’s.
You were paving the way, and opening doors.

Tears have already fallen with utmost joy and peace,
Resting in Your confidence, of which she knows full well, will never cease.
Because Your hands placed her right where she is,
Because Your hands molded her for such a time as this.

And so, she will welcome the coming days,
She will love, until her heart is spent, come what may.
This passion within her, unlocks a reason to live,
So she will gladly love and give until there is nothing left of her to give…




No comments:

Post a Comment