Friday, April 1, 2011

"She's not leaving alone because you go with her..."


So hmm..before the days are lost upon the both of us, I should probably recount the latest happenings here in Morelia, and my heart:

This week was the first full week of classes, and thankfully, I was able to take in some more shadowing of my three highest level classes. Which meant I just had to prep for my youngest class and the adult beginners; both of which have been going really well. I am grateful to have some help in Nadia, who is fluent in both Spanish and English, to help me in the adult class...having her willing help, puts me at ease.

Yesterday, I went to a surprise breakfast for Sharon, the woman I will be replacing. She has been such a blessing to watch and learn from in these first few days, and it was nice to have that time to just be with the other teachers and staff at NOE. And, I successfully found the restaurant by myself! So I am learning how to get around my neighborhood, at least!

  • I am really confident that the classroom is where these relationships are going to grow, and it's such a blessing to have that assurance, and definitely so soon. There has already been so much laughter shared, and we have just begun-so exciting!
  • My family continually seeks to make sure I feel right at home. Teaching me, one word at a time, and patiently waiting as I stumble to complete a sentence.
  • I am so, so grateful for each and every message and every email from everyone back at home! Your prayers are most certainly at work and I promise, more pictures will come soon-so you have an idea as to where you are serving, and the people you are loving.
  • I have 1 full note-card of words I have just learned and at present, committing to memory. I don't want to miss anything or any word.
So if i one word could describe where I am, it would be: grateful.

1. Grateful for the little things like Karen Kingsbury's latest book I just finished that reflects this time of my life, in a God-orchestrated way-reminding me of healing and home, all at the same time.
2. Grateful for this placement, time gifted to me to learn the language, without fear.
3. Grateful for this family who has opened their home to me and their patient, encouraging hearts.
4. Grateful for all of the students at NOE that I have met and yet to meet, for letting me feel apart of them, so soon.


5. Grateful to you, the reader-my friend, my family, because you are just as with me in Morelia, as you are when I am in your company. Thank you for believing in me and praise be to God for believing in me too.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sweet One,
    My heart overflows with you and for you. Carpe diem.....MOM

    ReplyDelete