Friday, March 18, 2011

Unspeakable Joy

Pictures from my first trip, ever since I have known You orchestrated this beautiful place, to be my home:
"Precious child, may home be the place from which you launch your dreams..." Maryanne Radmacher
6:30 a.m- I am awakened by my mother, encouraging me to get out of bed for the meeting that awaited me at 7:30, with Shannon and Mark, discussing future plans for the Baja.
6:44 a.m- I pause in the middle of getting ready to read today's excerpt from "My Utmost for His Highest."
It reads as follows... [interesting, and telling side-note, I just realized that God led me a month ahead, to April 18th, as I went back in search of it]:

"God called to Him, and he said, Here I am...

When God speaks, many of us are like people in a fog, and we give no answer. Moses' reply to God revealed that he knew where he was and that he was ready. Readiness means having a right relationship to God and having the knowledge of where we are. We are so busy telling God where we would like to go. Yet the man or woman who is ready for God and His work is the one who receives the prize when the summons comes. We wait with the idea that some great opportunity or something sensational will be coming our way, and when it does come we are quick to cry out, "Here I am." Whenever we sense that Jesus Christ is rising up to take authority over some great task, we are there, but we are not ready for obscure duty.

Readiness for God means that we are prepared to do the smallest or the largest thing-it makes no difference. It means we have no choice in what we want to do, but that whatever God's plans may be, we are there and ready. Whenever any duty presents itself, we hear God's voice as our Lord heard His Father's voice, and we are ready for it with the total readiness of our love for Him. Jesus Christ expects to do with us just as His Father did with Him. He can put us wherever He wants, in pleasant duties or in menial ones, because our union with Him is the same as His union with the Father. "...that they may be one just as We are one..."

Be ready for the sudden surprise visits of God. A ready person never needs to get ready--he is ready. Think of the time we waste trying to get ready once God has called! The burning bush is a symbol of everything that surrounds the person who is ready, and it is on fire with the presence of God Himself."

7:30 a.m- Mark and Shannon meet me and are quick to tell me that Monte and Joe will be joining us.
7:30 a.m-8:30- My heart and my dream is embraced, fully recognized, discussed further and most importantly given a date, in the very near future.

July 16th is my date of departure to my home, where my Maker called me long ago...

A sudden surprise visit of God?, I think so. I have a date within my palms! I will be spending July 16th to the end of October in the beautiful Baja! I am fully overcome with unspeakable joy. My hands are shaking and have been since I left the meeting. This has been years in the making, a dream of mine, since my sophomore year in high school. I wish there more words to tell of my feelings, but there aren't words telling enough. My eyes are twinkling with joy and I can't contain these feelings that are enveloping my heart. Praise be to Him, who truly does give us the desires of our heart.
Here's the picture that started it all:



1 comment:

  1. Praise God for His faithfulness! I was just talking to my 12-year old today about how cool it is that God works in our lives, but He also works through us to bless others and introduce others to His Son. You are an example of just that. Can't wait to hear/read of your journey, to see how this dream unfolds. I know He will use you in powerful ways! Love you much, Kelli

    ReplyDelete