Tuesday, April 5, 2011

estoy encontrando propósito en Ti...

It's that time again to tell you stories of what all has happened before they are lost, and forgotten.

On Friday, I shadowed Sharon for the last time and before my second class I was asked to accompany some students for ice cream. I wasn't sure I had enough time, but one of my students was going along-and Sharon insisted that it would be alright. So we went in search of ice cream about ten minutes before class was scheduled to begin, and I tried agua fresa comparable to a strawberry milkshake. And turns out, we were indeed late arriving, but there was so much laughter and fun that I wouldn't have traded it for anything...

After my last class I went to Un Espacio, youth group held at the Ark every Friday night. We played games, and yes, after much convincing I actually participated in them :). We then sat down and Juan talked to us about living without fear, in the moment. How appropriate, right?

It seems that everyday God is giving me yet, another reminder of why He brought me here. Today, it's always easier to say tomorrow-to live in the waiting, but God doesn't desire us to live content, stagnant lives-He desires lives that seize the day, take in the beauty of the moment, and live, live without fear. Vive sin temor, en este momento. Lucha ahora, no esperas por un buen momento, porque nunca llegaba. Live without fear, in this moment. Fight now, don't wait for the right moment, because it will never come...

The next day I watched a movie, Harry Potter in Spanish, with my youngest sister and we ate dinner-after our usual venture to the mercado for the week's bounty of food. Later Monse, Fer and I ventured downtown in search of gaspacho: pineapples, watermelon, mango, and some spices-that's my best interpretation of all the ingredients. We walked the whole way home from the Centro, quite a long walk, but I got to take in more sights of the city... And a side-note, I am pretty sure I discovered my favorite plate up to this point, milanesa with fresh pico de gallo and salsa! So good!

Gaspacho:



On Sunday, we got to sleep in and then went to San Miguel del Monte, the ranch. It reminded me a lot of Vicente Guerrero, a lot like home. It was nice to be able to see the grandeur of the city and then travel into the country. We visited with family, walked around the ranch and ate dinner. The stars were a sight to behold on the return trip.

And yesterday, was my first attempt at classes without Sharon, and they went great! No nerves accompanied me this time, so I think I have finally been able to rid myself of them in regards to teaching! My classroom was full of laughter as we stumbled through more embedded questions. Surprisingly in all of my three classes we got through the lesson with plenty of time left over, so hopefully I will begin to master the timing of everything.

Following my last class, we all piled into the van and traveled to the orphanage for Bible Study. We listened to John tell his story of running away from God, himself and purpose, only to realize that He would never be able to run from God, because when we run from Him, we run to him. It was another beautiful reminder of purpose and once you have found your purpose, allowing that to become your reason for living.

If you are reading this and you find yourself lacking purpose and hope, listen to this song, someone is praying you through- Pray You Through, Sixteen Cities. The Lord is not done with you, dear son and daughter, He is just beginning to fulfill His purpose for you. So walk with Him today, don't wait until tomorrow. It will be the best decision your heart could ever make.

This morning I stumbled upon a very fitting scripture in Psalms 138:8- "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever-do not abandon the works of Your hands."
The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me. The Lord's purpose for me is to understand and speak the Spanish language with utmost confidence, and live on the field for which He has chosen me, Mexico. The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me, and what a beautiful truth it is to tell you, He is fulfilling His purpose for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment