Monday, August 26, 2013

dear child, welcome home.

You hear it don't you?

That sweet little voice telling you to move ahead, to push through, to come out of the shadows.

You've been lost, child.

Your heart is frail, untethering at the seams like your favorite hand-me down sweater.

It's one of those days, when moving comes unnaturally.
When your soul longs to stay beneath the covers and avoid the daylight.

You've fallen victim to the vicious cycle, the never-ending routine.

Or maybe you've forgotten what it feels like when God's close to you.

Or your heart is
broken, because feelings just weren't what they were supposed to be.

Or maybe you poured yourself into addictions, that did nothing to shield you from pain.

You hear it don't you?

You matter.

You. Your mess. All of those mishaps.

They matter.

God wants to bring you out of this, whatever your "this" is.

He is with you.
Do you feel Him?
He sings over you.
Do you hear him?

I wonder what it would take for you to be still and know.
I wonder what it would take for you to stop trying to be the fixer.

Child, you don't have to come fixed.
You don't have to come perfect.

God, in all of His love, is enough.

He will meet you in your mess. His strong arms are open and his hands are trembling at the thought that you've finally, you've finally returned home. His eyes are twinkling stars, filling with tears, because you're right where you need to be.


And his steady, sure voice can be heard over all the Earth, "Darling one, I always knew that you'd come home. Give me your bags, sit down with me and rest. Let's look at how far you've come my child. Heartbroken, but never too broken for me to fix. Addicted, but never too far for me to lose you. Oh sweet, sweet child, it's time for you to rise out of your ruins, to meander out from your mess, and it's time for you to finally open the door a little wider to your heart to let me in. You were never too far out of reach, son. You were never too far gone, daughter. I have always been right here."

No comments:

Post a Comment