Monday, February 9, 2015

God sees you...

God sees you. 

I wonder how often we let this phrase fall flippantly off our tongue, without letting it resonate and shake our souls. I wonder what it takes to believe that when that when the world refuses to welcome you back in grace, that your worth in the world's eyes pales in comparison to your God, your God who sees you. 

Your worth does not stem or end with what the world will tell you. 

Worth comes from your God, who formed you to be only you, to fill your place. 

But you know what? 

We latch onto people's words as though it ends with them, giving them the last word of our lives, and Jesus looks on…

We box up our desires alongside our dreams and we refuse to believe that there is more to this life than it seems, meaning fades to dust and who we really are is forgotten. 

Rejection wreaks havoc on our hearts and people's idea of where and what we should be overshadows everything. 

My past has been finding a way of being told these days - the seven year fight to be loved, the harsh words declaring I was giving up, walking out of God's will. . . but those things don't get to hold me back anymore. They no longer have my permission. 

The truth has won out, the truth that God sees me and knows me compels me onward. 

I used to want to give up and fade out before being seen, but now I am starting to believe that never was what was to become of me, because no matter how hard I tried to hide- God always saw me and He always knew me…where I saw rejection, He saw redemption, where I saw worthlessness, He saw worth, where I saw a heart broken, He saw a heart mended. 

You little heart, what do you believe to be out of reach, what is the fear that grips hold of your heart, what do you see?

Now those things are just things. God wants hold of your heart. He wants you to realize that the world will always try to claim you and peg your worth, but your worth rests in Him and His grace, the past doesn't have to be retraced. 

God sees you as you are, beautiful with your every scar. Unclench your fists, child, let His love persist. 

And you will realize that you have always been enough, you have always been loved, you will realize that your story was always meant to be told. 



No comments:

Post a Comment