Monday, April 30, 2012

there's always enough

So this is indeed long overdue, my apologies! Life has been keeping me super busy. It seems like I am constantly on the go, that of course is no excuse, I know.

Lately, I have been spending extra time trying to motivate my students, because it's that time of year when Spring Fever kicks in- when mental exhaustion is ones' only company. Which has meant some time being spent with students one on one, in search of that little light to flicker on and for their precious heart to remember there is still hope.

Language learning is quite tedious. And learning English is just one of the many things that their lives entail, so at the end of a school day coming to NOE at seven pm to practice English is a little difficult, understandable, right?

I truly don't know how I manage to fit everything in. There are times when I see a need to put in extra time-and amazingly enough there's always time. I think that's all the more telling that God orchestrates these moments- pointing me back to Him, gently whispering yes, there's always enough. In Me, there's always enough.

I'm grateful that even in the busyness and the difficult days, God always seems to give us laughter and joy. Whether that's in stumbling through pronunciation or just random bursts of laughter, without much reason, He always places joy in our paths.

I have been so blessed to be placed as the teacher for the Exchange Group. Every class I am reminded of how much I love them and how grateful that I get to be experiencing this with them. And we haven't even made it to Portland yet, and it's truly already a gratifying experience.

In the middle of all the craziness, God has still been reminding me ever so gently of the importance of relationships. I'll admit to you, when I arrived, it was difficult. But I've been able to step out of my comfort zone and reach out to many more people this year. I am one blessed girl. The truth is, I believe they are blessing me more than I could ever bless them.

This has been a season of finding confidence and of refining. A season of remaining true to who I am and who God set me apart to be. A season of realizing that my love doesn't exist for just one part of Mexico. And that's okay for me to admit. I had been telling myself it was necessary to pick just one, but God is telling me that isn't the case. He's telling me that the Baja and Morelia are very much a part of me simultaneously. If that is the only thing I leave with this season, I think that will be more than enough.

I'm so grateful for your prayers and your continued support. I couldn't be here living my dream without you all. This is right where my heart longs to be, and what a beautiful thing it is to be able to share that with you. You're just as much a part of this, as I am.










  • You can be praying for my students that will be graduating this semester. I am a little more concerned about this group, than last year's. Be praying for confidence and motivation to sink into their hearts. 
  • As well as, for my time management. Time management when living in a different culture is extremely difficult. I want to extend my help to every student in need and be there for every last one, but sometimes I stop short of saying no. Which only leads to exhaustion after being constantly on the go. 
  • Health is another prayer request. This time around, health issues have been a lot more prominent. Just be praying that won't hinder me. 


I hope this makes sense to you. It's a bit rambled I know, I'm just coming back from a weekend spent away from home- so that means I'm not thinking as clear as normal. Lastly, I shall leave you with some pictures cause sometimes they speak louder than words.


No comments:

Post a Comment