Thursday, March 8, 2012

God moves ever still.

I tell you. I tell you.

God is moving. He amazes me even still.

I'll be honest I have been a little discouraged these past couple of weeks. The extra conversation classes I added for my highest level students, haven't been attended lately. So I thought about eliminating them altogether, but something within me decided to have it just be one day a week, instead of two days.

Today, I arrived at NOE, and I didn't see a single student of mine, and immediately my thoughts rushed to  why didn't I follow through with the idea of canceling them?

But then, two trickled girls trickled in, and five minutes later another entered in. We went about describing ourselves in three adjectives, talking about our favorite years in school etc. One of my girls asked me what time in my life left me the most impacted, and I shared.

This deep question posed an idea in my head and heart to ask what was one of the hardest times in their lives, that at first they didn't understand, but then they were able to see God in the aftermath.

When it came time for the third girl to share, she spoke up and then immediately the tears began to fall from her beautiful cheeks.

Right away, I knew God was present. I knew He was moving.

So the three of us spoke life over this precious daughter, as much as we knew how, and all of us felt His leading to pray. Pray we did, and that just meant more tears fell, from that of all of us.

And as I prayed, I knew that the words that came weren't mine own, that they were His. I knew He was circling around His child with us, lifting up His very own prayers as we sought more of Him.

Afterwards, there was a sweet silence and just a knowing that the presence of God was in our classroom, and how ordained the moment was for that of four women to venture to NOE to speak English, only to end up speaking Spanish and begging for God to come, to heal, to speak.

One of my girls decided to speak up and affirm my presence in not only NOE, but her nation. To tell me that she can't explain it, she just sees God in my eyes and feels His love. The tears came again, because my heart needed to hear everything she said.

Because sometimes we can't see the reason behind our hurts, the promise behind the pain. 
Because sometimes we can't see our purpose, in being, right where we are. 

The mess, the tragedies they take their toll on our ever so fragile hearts, and we tend to give up, to lay down, because we can't pick up our pieces off the ground. 

Everything tells us to stop. 

But then, He lets Himself in with His key, and He whispers, "come to me, I'm all you need."

We get so overcome with anxiety, and the mess that we've become, that we cease to trust that He is in it. 

But soul, oh precious soul, these pain consuming moments, 
are never something we have to bear on our own. 

Our burdens are His burdens. 

Relax your wearied shoulders, close your swollen eyes, release the tears you've been holding back, 
let go, precious soul, let go, 
and let Him in. 

When you let Him in, that doesn't mean from here on out, everything will be perfect, things will fall apart.
 It does mean, that you will have someone take His careful care to mend you back together, to strengthen your weak knees, heal your heavy heart. It does mean that you'll never, never be alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment